Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Videsh Yatri* -- Episode 1

In software,life is often both boring and mundane.It takes some light hearted moments with people like these to make you believe that it can still be interesting.

(Please ,read the disclaimer below,before inferring anything,no offense intended)

Character :--
*************************************************************************

Name :-- Morgan

Now you would ask me,why Morgan....This got changed just after his US-trip,initially it was Mohan Raj gangadhar,he decided to cut it short to Morgan.He believes that it sounds trendy,given the profession he is in!!

Qualification

Btech from 'Digital Institute of Fast Technology'

Profession :-- Software professional(In a prominent investment bank)

Physique :-- Body is in shape ,round is also a shape.

Hair colour :-- Black,and when wet and combed,they gave him a quaint look.Recently,just before the world cup,he changed his style to Ronaldino's

Nature :-- You ask him about his nature,and he'll tell you -- Yaar,whatever I feel ,I speak it out frankly and bluntly and I am always explicit ...I always call yoghurt the youghurt...

Me :-- Are yaar,the idiom is to 'call a spade a spade'

Languages he speaks :-- His regional language and English(don't ask me if he is good at it or not !)...I'll try translating his tougher language to you guys ,and make it a legitimate reading !

His favourite one liner after he came back from US :-- "Buddy,good stuff"

Where did he learn it from :-- From the Indian shopkeepers in US who had migrated there from India,from the rural areas,and were on a constant lookout for a bottom-line,which could help them sell their product to the native Americans...

First time, he 'admits' (out of sheer innocence) that he was fooled :-- In US when a person asked him "Got some change ?"...He gave him a change for 100 $ and never got his 100 $ Note back...He still wonders what went wrong !(for those who didn't know,this is the typical style of beggars in US)

Gadgets he owns :--

1) Splendor plus(guys mind it,its not the normal splendour ,but the one with additional accessories)

2) His ipod-- which he bought from US,on his last business trip

3) His new Nokia cellphone(the latest model,which can take pics and help him browse the net and what not)--Now that's a different story,that he dosen't know how to operate it properly...He says ,he dosen't want to waste his time thinking about all this...after all he is a software professional

For now,these are the only things,I can reveal about him...

*********************************************************************************

That day I was having a chat with him on the lunch table....

Morgan :-- "Read you last blog -- "passion vs emotion"..what the hell,how can u guys write such crap :(

Me :-- No yaar,you misread it,it was 'passion or money'....

Morgan :-- ya ya,whatever,I just didn't understand one thing about your blog,you keep telling people,make you passion your job ...I don't know ,how can you suggest such cheap things

Me :-- Cheap things !!!!

Morgan :-- Yeah,what else ? Its more cheap than what one can think of ..I mean ,my passion?,we all boys know,our passion since the time we are 13...interrupted

Me :- Are yaar,hold on,there are a lot of people around

Morgan :-- Ok,forget that ,atleast for now my passion is to hang around with gorgeous girls and may be you know what I mean(with a grin)...So if I take your advice,I should make it my profession,which means make one night stands your profession..interrupted

Me :-- No yaar,that's not what I meant,I mean...

Morgan :-- Are forget all that yaar,do hell with all that crap.And moreover,I don't understand what's the problem with all the people in this world.Someone dosen't know,what he is here in this world for...others don't know their likes and dislikes ...I simply don't get the point.

Me :--- Are yaar ,it happens,we all are alike,when it comes to us,
we ourselves don't know what we are best at.

Morgan :-- You can talk about yourself,but don't drag me in ...I was always sure of what to do in my life

Me :-- Oh really...can you let me know about your background...

Morgan :-- Ya why not,I opted for both maths and biology in 12th,just to make sure that I have the knowledge of both the worlds....Then I planned,I will join Medical,also gave the Engineering tests meanwhile and it was just that the medical colleges which I got through were too costly(since they were private ones),and I was not in a condition to afford 14-15 lakh Rupees,so just joined Engineering in 'Digital Institute of Fast Technology',where I was offered civil engineering.

I worked hard in my engineering and managed to get a job and then I shifted jobs and ...interrupted

Me :-- Oh,man,now don't bore the audiences with your story of struggle...come to the point

Morgan :-- Ok,and now I have this excellent job,which pays me ....grrrr..why should I tell you that....

Me :-- Theek hai yaar,you mean you got the job in software initially ,right ??

Morgan :-- Yes

Me :-But,you said you always knew ,what you were best at(LOL)

Morgan :-- Ya,I always knew ,that I wanted to make a lot of money.So here I am ,into investment banking ....and who else could pay me better in this world ??

Me :- (Now,totally stupefied )-- Are yaar you are great,how many
people are there in this world like you....

Morgan :-- See,now you get the point.Infact there was one more thing,I always wanted to do,to serve our nation

Me :-- Now what is that

Morgan :-- Career counselling....

Guys,I need a break !!!!

to be continued ......

*Note (Those not so good at Hindi -- Videsh Yatri refers to a person who has travelled to a foreign land before)

Disclaimer :-- The character used in this episode is purely fictional and any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

ROTFL!:))
Manish,
U hv got such an amazing way with words!
Absolutely hilarious!
:)))

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger manish said...

2 Someone,

Thanks Someone,yes,its really the case in US,too many people from India use this line -- "Buddy good stuff" to sell their stuff:-)

2 Velu,

Thanks a lot velu :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home